BY-LAWS OF THE TROPICAL FISH SOCIETY OF RHODE ISLAND AMENDED (2012)
- Since this society is governed by the corporate laws of the State of Rhode Island, no member under legal age may vote or hold office.
SECTION 2 DUES
- Annual dues shall be $25.00 for Single Membership and $30.00 for Family Membership. Family Membership includes two adult voting members related by marriage or domestic partnership. Any number of minors related by blood or marriage to the voting members are included in a Family Membership. Dues shall come due for every member at the September meeting. Annual dues must accompany initial applications for membership. Single or adult Family Members are entitled to vote and hold office. Each Single or Family Membership shall receive one copy of each issue of the Tanquilizer.
- Annual dues shall be $20.00 for Corresponding Membership. Each Corresponding Member shall receive one copy of each issue of the Tanquilizer. Corresponding Members are excluded from the quorum count and are not entitled to vote. Corresponding Members are entitled to participate in all other events and programs.
- Annual dues shall be $10.00 for Junior membership. Junior members are those members less than 18 years of age not included in a Family Membership. Each junior member shall receive one copy of each issue of the Tanquilizer. Junior Members are excluded from the quorum count and are not entitled to vote. Junior Members are entitled to participate in all other events and programs.
- Lifetime Members shall be relieved of the obligation to pay dues for the remainder of their life. Lifetime Members must attend at least one TFSRI event each year to continue receiving the Tanquilizer. Lifetime members are excluded from the quorum count but are entitled to vote when present.
SECTION 3 DISPUTES
- In the event of a dispute in Constitutional procedure, a committee of three consisting of the Parliamentarian, the disputant and a member at-large picked by the Parliamentarian shall meet and resolve the issue prior to the following meeting, and their decision will be binding.
SECTION 4 EXPENDITURES
- The membership must approve any expenditures in excess of $300.
- The program Chairman shall not spend an amount in excess of $300 in any one month except with approval of the membership
- The delegate or alternate to the Northeast Council shall be reimbursed based on the IRS’s Standard mileage rate that is currently in affect for each authorized Northeast Council meeting he or she attends.
SECTION 5 EXPULSION
- Any member who is delinquent in his or her dues for 30 days shall be released from membership.
- Any member who willfully brings injury or discredit to the society shall be brought before the Board of Directors. The member under consideration
shall be able to present their views to the Board of Directors. On the recommendation of the board, the motion to expel a member must be passed by a 2/3 vote of the society membership present, but not to be less than 50% of the membership at large.
SECTION 6 PROXY
- Proxy voting is only applicable to ARTICLES 4, 10, and 12-3.
SECTION 7 RULES OR ORDER
- Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised shall be the authority in all transactions of the society not provided for herein.